Thursday, January 7, 2010

Still Planning

Okay, so to stay true to keeping track, I am doing an entry tonight even though I haven't technically started my big diet plan yet. I am starting in earnest on Monday. Instead of just jumping in and trusting to my unwavering will power (hahahaha) like I normally do and then feeling like a failure come Friday when I didn't even last one day, I am taking the time to actually plan. There are some things I need to get done so that I can start right. I need to sit down and make some serious meal plans. I need to shop for those meal plans. Last night I made my two weeks worth of breakfast burritos. I need to actually buy a scale. 11 years of marriage and we don't own a scale. Huh. Then I need to hide said scale under my bathroom sink in my downstairs bathroom so my darling Riley won't abscond with it, or jump on it, or submerge it in the bathwater. I need to find my tape measure and then find a more secure place to hide it so my precious Riley won't find it. Honestly, it's a wonder I'm not thinner with Riley around.

But, to prove to myself I'm actually serious about this, I did limit myself to one 12oz can of Coke today. I really wanted a second. I was sooooo tired. I also drank a 24 oz bottle of water (reusable so I'm being earth friendly). I also tried not to snack the entire time I was at work, but I broke one of the major rules in not doing breakfast this morning. I do notice that if I skip breakfast I can't stop snacking where if I eat breakfast I don't feel the need to as much.

I read something today about how many times an overweight person chews their food compared to a moderate weight person and a thin person. Did you know that an overweight person chews their food about 11 times before swallowing? The moderate weight person is closer to 12 times and the thin person chews 14 times. That reminded me of another article I read that the longer you chew your food the more time your body has to feel full. Yup, I chew closer to the 11 times than the 14 times. I'm shooting for the 14 times. Actually, I'm hoping if I can chew about 18 times when I remind myself I'll eventually chew 14 times out of habit when I'm not reminding myself. Hahaha. Does anyone else remember learning/hearing that in the military you are taught to chew your food 30 times before swallowing. I remember that from some movie or something. I also remember trying to chew my food 30 times and I could never make it. It seemed ridiculous. Still can't hit 30 but I'll try for closer to 20.

Haven't gotten on the treadmill yet. Trying to figure out the best way to do it. If I do it when Riley is awake he wants to play. If I wait for him to sleep I'm running at 11 at night right now. I love my Riley. Ok. So there's my first report. Feel free to remind me if I miss a day or two. It's all about accountability. Thank you all for your support too. It means a lot.
Kimm

No comments:

Post a Comment