Monday, January 11, 2010

End of Day 1

So I can finish my first day as almost a complete success. Shawn thinks my "diet" isn't a real diet because I haven't denied myself everything good and wonderful in life. I informed him that I wasn't trying to starve myself and lose 30 lbs in 3 weeks, I was trying to make a lifestyle change and lose it a little more gradually. Oh, and I'm totally addicted to food. I'm an addict. I spent 2 hours watching a show on the tv and all I could think about was food. What I'd like to eat, what would taste good, how I'd love an entire carton of ice cream...And that's with me NOT denying myself much of anything. It's amazing I remember anything about the show.

I did forget to mention the 12 oz can of Coke I had (I think? I don't want to go back and look) but I did drink 24 oz of water to go along with it. The Coke was a deal breaker for Shawn. :) Oh well, it kept me sane and in control at work. I wanted to munch and snack so bad. What else do you do when you are sitting in front of a computer for 5 hours?

I really do have some mind hurdles to get over though. I wasn't hungry at all during work. I was satisfied. I am hungry right now, but I think part of that is all the food thoughts. For dinner I had 1/2 can of soup and a salad with ranch and italian dressing. I also had 2 squares of the most delicious milk chocolate and rice crispy crunch (Gihradelis - sp?) there is (its'a new kind of bar they have out) and each square was 50 calories. I thought I should eat only one, wanted to eat all 8 of them and settled on 2. So a triumph of sorts. Actually the fact that even though I was fantasizing about food during the entire show and I didn't get up and get any of it was a good thing for me too. I really wanted popcorn. BAD.

Exercise. Hmmm...I told myself I was going to run at 9 and I really need to do it even though I still have to get Riley down, would love to just lay down and sleep for 2 days solid, and am trying to justify the brisk walk I took around the park with Casey earlier as a complete substitute. Hmm. May just have to report on my success with this challenge tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Fuses? The peach mango? is my favorite, and the tropical punch (which is not like any tropical punch i've ever had) is great too! Plus they are only 50 calories. They are awesome. Try them out, and maybe you can use them to substitute for your pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try them. Honestly they might work because I've been craving a flavored drink, but it's also a little about the caffeine for me right now too. Need to deal with that as well so this is good for me. Thanks Kristen.

    ReplyDelete