Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 5

I feel okay about Day 5. Not fabulous, but ok. I weighed myself and was down 2.6 lbs. I had most of my breakfast burrito, a 12 oz Coke and then some left over salad from Food for Thought. For dinner, I made flavored potatoes (green onion, sour cream, cheese, potato skins), a moderate portion of steak, and sauteed mushrooms. I took one bite of the buttered roll. I did GOOD...and then I finished off the part I hadn't eaten with additional potatoes after my run and soak. Oh, forgot to list my snack of salami, cheese and crackers and the ice cream. But I can feel good because I was sensible about it. I decided to try the lite dry cut salami and I did the 5 piece recommended serving size and then used one slice of Pepper Jack Cheese and 10 crackers (cut the salami in half). Normally I would use regular salami (the lite was pork and turkey rather than just pork. Couldn't tell) and I would eat as much as I wanted. It was enough. I also ate the ice cream slowly and instead of eating a lot, I ate just a little bit, not even half a cup. It was okay. I may not succeed every time, but this time I did and I felt good about it.

I didn't walk the entire 2 miles this time. I did make 1.68 miles. A tad disappointed in myself, but my legs ached. Not again.

I have found myself being a lot more consciencious about how much I'm eating of any given thing. As long as I can continue to be this aware, I stand a good chance of keeping it up.

5 comments:

  1. It is really hard to cut down how much you eat especially when it tastes so gooooooood. Keep up the good work and as far as walking on the treadmill just try to push yourself a little more each day. It doesn't have to be a big push, maybe just 30 sec. longer each time until you get where you want.

    Also I need to ask you if we left Scotts Bakugans(sp) at your house??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have Bayden look. He's the only one that has any. What does it look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pack of 3 and I don't know what they looked like. They would have been in the package still, I believe. If you don't see them at your house they could have ended up several other places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen or heard of any Bakugan still in a package. Sorry. We'll still keep our eyes open but probably won't find them. :(

    ReplyDelete