Thursday, January 28, 2010

Can it really be Thursday?

Okay, so seriously questioning my commitment. Which, is actually good because it's making me evaluate how my progress has been so far. I want to do this. I really, really do! So I found the best article in Good Housekeeping (I'm sooooo glad my mom never changed the address) about weight loss and it referenced a free online group called sparkpeople.com. I haven't checked it out yet. So I'm going to explore each of the 6 characteristics of a goal according to the article. I'm going to take one a day and really look at it and evaluate it for me. You're welcome to do the same for yourself. There are also motivation secrets (3), nutrition secrets (6) and exercise secrets (3). Prevention magazine also has a Flat Belly diet that I am interested in looking at, but I don't know that that's the way I want to go. It pushes Monounsaturated fats like those found in nuts and avocados. I'm not an avocado fan and I don't like a lot of nuts either, but I'll look at what it's about. It was interesting. That article I found on MSN. http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cpdocumentid=100252239&page=2 Try it and see.

Didn't run last night. I think I've run once all week. I'd really like to run tonight. I think I need to. I can't deal with all the little voices in my head right this minute. Maybe running would help with that. Of course, bedtime would help with that as well...

Bayden and Noemi did their 1st grade program today at school. They did a good job. We were treated to 12 songs, one song for each month. These are definitely top 10 material. Things like Fly, Fly Witchy Witchy Fly; Hip Hop Bunny; All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth (Bayden was the epitome of this song); And of course the crowning jewel, Days of the months with added action that you may all remember from "The Macarena." Good times, good times. (Really? They can't go to bed yet? So what if it's only 6:39. I'm ready.) Poor Noemi was literally squashed between two other kids. She was generously using her elbows to make room, but honestly it was only in defence because the other kid started it. She did a fabulous job and looked great in her pale green and black dress. Bayden had plenty of room on the end of the risers so he should have been the star of the show. I'm afraid there was a definite lack of enthusiasm for the whole singing thing. About all I've heard for 2 weeks is how sick of practicing he is. But he still did a good job and he tried to get into all of the songs with actions. Trent promised me pictures so hopefully I'll be able to post something. They were too far away and the room was too dark for my camera to do them justice. Of course, there's no one quite like Trent to get my darling boy to make faces and stick his finger up his nose in front of a large crowd all for the sake of a picture. Thanks Trent!

Okay. So going to finish out my night. Need to get kids to bed (only 1 hour left), enter my vehicle reports for work (I did take Tuesday off after all) and run for at least an hour. Okay, so maybe I'll run for half an hour and walk briskly for the other half. Still, need to put in an hour. Oh! I also weighed myself the other day and was so excited about the 7 lbs I'd lost. Giddy might be a good word for it. :) And then, I went ahead and weighed myself again, this time not using the door knob for balance (and maybe to hold some of the weight). I put 6 lbs back on once I let go. Sigh. Oh well. It was a good feeling to work towards.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kimm, you never fail to CRACK me up. I love your posts. Please continue, even on the bad days. ESPECIALLY on the bad days, because honestly those are the most humorous. Hope you are enjoying your hour long jog/walk. Glad to hear the chickens are surviving. Riley, Riley...Riley. Also I heard about Bayden's faces, my dad was laughing when he told me about it. hehe

    ReplyDelete