Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4 and yet more to use as an excuse

Yeah, and I had McDonald's this morning again. I also got a small Coke (but I only drank 1/3 of it-yahy kimm!). Oh what a morning. It started at 4 am. Ok, so Shawn, Riley and I didn't actually get to bed until 12:30 last night (Riley's schedule is sooooo screwed up) so 4 came really early. Shawn has been experiencing pain lately in his right side and we've been assuming it might just be a kidney stone. Well, it was so bad this morning (been there with that one) that he couldn't sleep. It woke me up, but of course that is because I am such a devoted and caring wife, and we discussed whether he should go into the ER or wait for Dr. Gregson's office to be open. He was in a lot of pain, it was 4 in the morning and 9 wasn't coming any too soon, so Shawn got dressed and headed to the ER. Of course, being that I'm the devoted wife, I couldn't get back to sleep very easily. The last time I looked at the clock was 5:28. Shawn finally got some real information at 6:30 and he sent me a text to let me know that he wasn't going to find anything out until he could get an ultrasound at 7:30 (when they started work). Well, they actually had determined that it was his Gall Bladder and that he may be headed into surgery, but that was it. Nice, real information huh? Poor man just had to lay there in pain for that long just to find out he had to wait longer. I gave up even trying to sleep when my alarm went off at 6:50. But, on the bright side, my kids were seriously on time/early for school today. :)

As it turned out, I left the house with Riley in a rather big hurry to take him to his grandparents (Thank you again Joan and Brett) and didn't pack a thing to eat so I headed to McDonald's. I really don't care for much of anything on their menu (chicken nuggets aren't bad) but I do love their breakfast sandwiches. So, I stopped to get something and just after I ordered found out Shawn was headed home because it wasn't apparently surgery worthy today as it is just a thickening of his Gall Bladder wall that is causing him such intense pain. He really hurts. :( So, late to work, but made it anyway. Really pretty sore all over from my fall yesterday. My right bicep really hurts and I don't even remember hitting my right arm. But, I just walked my 2 miles at 2.5 mph. I didn't want to. I looked at the time when I was only at 17 min and I was ready to be done. My heels hurt, my legs hurt, my arms hurt. Thank you Kristen for suggesting that I read a book if I'm walking on the treadmill cause that's the only thing that kept me going today, oh and the fact that I just didn't want to quit on myself. I made it. 48 minutes later I made it.

Food log: Feeling snacky. My McDonald's is listed above. Nothing additional to that. I had 3 bites of pork chops cubed at work before I had a paper plate full of one of the best Cobb salads ever from Food For Thought. I don't want to say full like I normally have my salad plate full, but there was plenty there. I also have eaten an apple today. I had a sensible size of pork chops and about 1/2 cup rice (with the sauce) for dinner. Not enough water today. I ate 3 whoppers balls from the pooping moose Shawn brought home. He suggested that I take it to work, but I told him no. Too big of a temptation because I'd have to keep stuff to fill it with. I had one miniature mint and cream Hershey's bar, the one's that come in the variety bags. I ate a little less than half a bag of microwave popcorn. Not light, but I could have eaten all of it. I think I'm going to piece at an orange to try to stave off the snacking. Oh, I also had two of the smaller cans of V8 at work that I forgot about. I bought those instead of the 20 pack of Coke I wanted to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment