Monday, January 11, 2010

Official day 1

Didn't sit down and plan my day out last night so I'm going to have to do that today, but I started anyway. I made my lunch last night before going to bed and that made a world of difference. So, my food journal so far reads:
Breakfast burrito (homemade - eggs, mushrooms, bacon pieces & cheese); strawberry yogurt; orange (my midmorning snack); salad (w/some grilled chicken chunks, corn salsa (homemade - corn, tomatoes, cilantro and onion); celery & green peppers (dipped in ranch that was also used for salad); 1/2 bagle turkey and ham sandwich (cut whole bagle in half - 2 slices turkey, 1 slice ham, chive and onion cream cheese ( as little as possible) on both top and bottom, alfalfa sprouts). I forgot that I was going to do either a half sandwich or a small bowl of soup (1/2 can or about 1 cup) and I brought both. I left the soup for tomorrow instead. I also took one apple (sliced) for my afternoon snack, but I wasn't ready for it so I am going to have it around 3:30 or 4. Still have to do dinner and then make it to bed, but it's been a good start.

Ok, so I still have to fit my treadmill exercise in. I'm thinking around 9 pm because all boys should be down. I will weigh myself at 10 pm every night. I know that morning would be better, but I just don't have time right now to get downstairs (where the scale is hidden from Riley) and weigh myself before getting boys to school. Night time it is. I did take Casey over to the park with all the kids and walked one lap around (briskly mind you) while the kids played. Wrong dog to take if I want to do more. She has the spirit but her body isn't up to it. Started a second lap but we had to come home because she was barely walking. I'm glad we made it home actually.

I will post the rest of my day at the end of the day hopefully. So far I feel good about today.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your first day, and all that food sounded yommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen told me about a friend of hers that would write down everything she wanted to eat and that would help her control it. I am going to have to try that. Thanks for the support Melissa.

    ReplyDelete