Friday, January 22, 2010

Long (enough) break

Okay, so obviously I fell off the wagon and reacted to the guilt by not holding myself accountable for it. But, just because you fall off the wagon and onto a heaping pile of dung, doesn't mean you have to wallow in it. So, I've picked myself up, taken a nice, long hot shower and I'm just going to keep going. I haven't run on my treadmill since, I think Saturday, but maybe I did on Monday, I can't remember now. I haven't been on here since I stopped running. Pretty pathetic really, one week, and I didn't really do very well that week, and I have to basically start over. Then again, that horrible "before" picture is getting me going again. Ugh. I'm printing it and putting it up in front of my treadmill.


So, recommitting (and I'll do this as many times as it takes. Hopefully this one sticks, but if not, then one of them has to) to my healthy lifestyle. Tomorrow could be really easy. Or it could be really hard. Our bishop has asked that we do a special fast for the entire month of January for the Missionaries. No, we don't have to all go the entire month, but at least one family is supposed to take a day of the month and fast. Well, tomorrow is our day. So, I'm going to be hungry, but that's going to be okay. Guess it's a good way to start off my fresh start right?

Onward and forward. I will lose this weight before it kills me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Some quotes to help you on your way:

    "Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think your not."

    The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
    – Mark Twain

    Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends.
    – Thomas Jefferson

    Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.
    – Anon
    Little pickers wear bigger knickers.
    – Anon

    Food is like sex: when you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good. ~Beth McCollister (hehe)

    Eleanor Roosevelt
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

    George S. Patton
    You're never beaten until you admit it.

    Lee Iacocca
    You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

    Unknown Author
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

    ReplyDelete