Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh so sick...

Okay, so I'm still sick and just don't feel like doing anything. Good news is that I haven't eaten much cause I'm just not terribly hungry. Bad news is I haven't run because I just don't care. I felt better today than the last two and went to work, but the longer the day wears on the worse I'm feeling. I need a nap, but as it happens, I am letting Kyler and Bayden try wrestling and it starts tonight. Bayden really wanted to and when I asked Ky he said he'd like to try. Not sure it's his speed, but just in case my observation is off, I'm glad he's trying it. He said he doesn't want to do baseball this summer. He really, really wants to do basketball. So, wrestling, something I never really considered a sport because it wasn't something anyone in my house did. Anyway, don't feel good, want to go to bed, but not going to happen.

So Riley had a doctors appointment this morning. He knew he was getting shots because his brothers have been teasing him all week. He was nervous and gave the doctor a hard time because he thought the doctor was going to spring the shots on him at any moment. The nurse gave the shots. He's a fighter. Anyway, I forgot to give Shawn his immunization record so I left work and ran it down and stayed for the appointment. Riley climbed up on my lap and I wrapped my arms around his middle. As the sides of my clasped hands rested on the tops of his thighs, I felt something hard and rectangular bulging through his pants. Now, if you've spent much time around Riley you know he doesn't much care for underwear, so when I reached down his pants to pull out the hard object stuffed down his pants, Shawn thought I was just checking to see if he had underwear on. He couldn't figure out why I was fishing down his pants. Yes, I was grateful that neither the doctor or the nurse was in the room. Shawn's face was worth it though when instead of explaining what I was doing, I produced Kyler's Nintendo DS from Riley's underwear. Yeah, and I had to clean it off. Shawn was completely surprised because he had no idea Riley had it at all. I'm glad he opted for the underwear because the pants weren't tight enough to ensure it wouldn't slip down his leg. :) That's my boy.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I think you could write a book on that kid and have everyone laughing. Just when you think you have been surprised enough they always have something else in store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book of riley! I would so buy it. hope your feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete