Thursday, February 18, 2010

And it's finally over...

Okay, so today wasn't bad but I'm glad it's over. My head is POUNDING and my eyes are burning. I've had a few late nights and fitful nights so I'm back on the super-tired wagon. It hasn't helped what I have determined to be one heck of a sinus infection. Going on one full week and 2 days and it doesn't show signs of leaving. I'm finally starting to be able to hear a little bit more. I'm now spending more of the day with clear hearing than not. I think part of my eye problem is that I used my new Mary Kay eye makeup remover and I didn't wash it off with water before opening my eyes. Supposedly I'm shouldn't have to wash it off because it's the miracle stuff that takes the makeup off but won't hurt your eyes. Well, the stinging seems to indicate otherwise for me. It may work that way for most, but I don't think I'm a winner in this category. Of course, I've been having some pretty painful times with my seriously sensitive eyes lately. I actually didn't know my eyes were so very sensitive. I think it's an age thing. :)

Still haven't run on my treadmill and the second night of Navajo tacos aren't a good indicator that I'm losing weight. So, like how I snuck that in and then just moved on? Oh, I'm moving on by the way. I've made a weekly chore chart for my boys. I've decided to pay them a commission (thank you Mr. Dave Ramsey) for certain jobs that they have to do. They each have 5 things they have to do 5 times a week. That gives them 2 days of wiggle room. So far they are using them. They have to do the job all 5 times for that week to get the 50 cents for that job. Slave driver? Well, I really struggled paying them for something they should be doing because they are members of the family, but I needed to give them some incentive and they really want to earn money. They say they do anyway. First week and actually, it's not going half bad. The key though turns out to be my consistency rather than theirs. I have to ride them pretty hard every night to get it done, but they don't actually seem to view it as nagging or totally negative because they're getting paid to do it. They have the potential to earn $10 a month. They get half to put in their spending jar, $4 goes into their long-term saving jar and 10% goes to tithing. Money management and they're learning to clean. It's been good for me too. Tonight they didn't get to go to Madi and Brodi's house to play because they chose to go play at the park and watch TV rather than do their chores like they'd been told 4 times. They still had to do their chores though. Someday, when they're completely trained, I'm going to look back and say, "It was so worth it."

So, trying to find my desire to get thin again, but making other changes in my life as well, so not a total bust life-wise in my eyes. Just not getting me any closer to that healthy heart and new wardrobe. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment