Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day

It is President's Day right? I'm off work, but I don't remember the name of the Holiday. Anyway, I really have to get back on here. I have taken too many days off. I've been dealing with a kicker of a head cold for almost a week now. 6 Days to be exact. I haven't done any running and I've eaten crap to my hearts content. Well, maybe to my minds content. My heart could do with a lot less of it actually. Oh, and I'm doing scones tonight. Hope my heads happy.

Had a really good Valentine's Day. Shawn and I went out Saturday night. It started iffy. I got the baby sitter and decided to go to Red Lobster because Shawn loves it and we haven't been in a while, but when we got there people were waiting outside. I got discouraged actually and kind of spiraled down. My plans were no longer good and I didn't want to make anymore so I pouted. Shawn tried to pick somewhere else, but when we got close I commented that I didn't want to go to Butter Burrs because I didn't know that's where he kind of really wanted to go. So we drove around for almost half an hour finding out that everywhere was just packed. We finally wound up at Chili's with a 35 min wait (70 min at Red Lobster) and had our dinner. It was nice enough considering my pouting. Then we drove around trying to figure out what to do next. I'd looked at movie options and there was nothing that I wanted to spend real money on except The Book of Eli and that didn't even start until 10 and I didn't want to wait until then & be out that late. Baby sitter's aren't cheap. In our driving we managed to drive past Tough Guy Bowling Lanes. I suggested to Shawn, almost as a joke, that we go bowling. He surprised me and said "Sure, I'd actually like to bowl with you rather than watch you bowl." The last time we went bowling was w/the Cub Scouts for Kyler and Shawn just watched. Lots of people and all. So we went bowling. It was a blast! It was like a real date. We actually had to interact. :) I won the first two games (something like 152 to 140 something and then 118 to 98 or so) and then Shawn got a ball that finally fit better (fingers and weight) and he won the last game (179 to 98). So we are going to go bowling again. We are going to try to do more active things rather than movies. We had fun. Lots of fun. It made us feel young again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Looks like we found some bowling buddies when we get home! We LOVE bowling! I got a 180, thats my top score. And Trevor got a 200. I am excited. By the way, tell shawn we got the booties today and they are SO CUTE!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sis, it is good that you and Shawn went bowling, Melissa and I would like to go bowling, but it would cost about 30 dollars for two games here. So we just bowl on the Wii, not as fun, but already paid for. Love how you write, keep them coming.

    T

    ReplyDelete